Monday, May 25, 2009

Anniversary Surprise!


Saturaday would have been mine and James 23rd anniversary. I think about our anniversaries, but don't do anything special.Of course when James was alive, we did do special things on our anniversary day. Today I was cleaning out my hope chest (cedar chest) so that I could give it to Michelle as part of her wedding present. My mother gave my oldest daughter her hope chest and my second daughter bought one, so I thought it approciate to give mine to daughter number three. 
As I got down to the bottom of the chest I saw little scraps of paper and thought nothing of it, except that it was for the trash. As I turned it over and saw it was a little card you can get when you buy flowers, I read it and it said, 'Happy Anniversary'! It was a card from James that I must have saved from before. At first I read it and thought nothing about the day, but then realized it was my anniversary, that day! So then, I thought wow, how nice to find this card. Who knew for my 23rd and on May 23, I would refind this card? 
A very happy day! Can't wait to see him again....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

3 comments:

Kim said...

Love it. Happy Anniversary.

GStaples said...

Thanks, Kim.

Stephanie Headley said...

How interesting that you found it ON your anniversary. And the wedding photo was priceless! Just beautiful!