Saturday, October 17, 2009

Playing with Fillo (Phyllo)Dough

Last of the strawberry season, the quarts were only $1.99, I bought 3 of them thinking I would make some freezer jam, but forgot to buy the Sure-Jell, so this is what I made from them.


Needed to use up the strawberries and had some extra Fillo dough, so I kinda remembered this recipe I saw in one of my cookbooks (they are in storage). I started playing with the dough on a cookie sheet, when 1/2 done I remembered it should have been in a 9x13" pan, for the depth. Anyway, I am buttering the dough layer by layer and adding a sprinkle of sugar here and there. On one layer I sprinkled some cinnamon. About what I thought would be the middle layer I put some half-cut strawberries on, then more Fillo layers, more butter and a little sugar. One layer I did put a drizzle of honey. Baked this in a pre-heated 350 degree oven. About 1/2 hour later, the most scrumptious dessert came out.
It was great, but next time I will put less sugar and more honey.
Doesn't it make your mouth water?

No comments: