Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cream of Pumpkin Soup

Ok, so I had some pumpkin thawing out and some cream I wanted to use up, so what better than pumpkin soup. I put the pumpkin in the crock and started heating it up.

In about an hour, I mashed the pumpkin with a potato masher then added some red bell pepper, (about 1/4 of one, sliced), 1/2 onion, and diced 2 apples.

Let that cook for another hour.

After a total of about 2-2 1/2 hours, it was smelling pretty good, so I let it cool for about 1/2 hour and added 1/2 cup of cream and 1/2 cup of whole milk, along with a can of drained green beans, and salt and pepper to taste. Put it all into a container and put the soup in the refrigerator for the night, (as I still needed to finish eating up the chicken noodle soup).

During the night I kept thinking I wanted this soup to be more creamy. So this afternoon,  as I pulled it from the fridge, I took out all the pieces of green beans and set them in a separate bowl. Then I put this mixture into a colander to drain out the cream and milk. Yep, I actually did this, so that I could take this soup and put it into my blender and blend away! As the blender was mixing, I added back the cream and milk to get the right consistency.  Then I put all of this, including the green beans into a 3 quart pot and heated the soup up. Now I have a cream soup!!! I  also sprinkled some cinnamon, and grated some nutmeg into it. All I can say, it was delicious and creamy, and perfect to my taste, I shall make this again. Only next time, I will do the blending before I put in the green beans and cook all in one day, using just the crock pot!

Thanks for popping in and seeing my craziness sometimes in the kitchen!
Enjoy!

No comments: