Monday, April 6, 2009

Wedding - Part 3

The Dress!

We have definately bought the pattern!                                     
The material is on order and due to come in this week.
We are going with the Vogue pattern V2842 and adding to                         
it the cap sleeve shirt pattern (from Stretch and Sew #382). 
I need to put them both together and draw a new pattern for the bodice. We just couldn't find a pattern that was modest and the style Michelle wanted, so we will add to it. Not hard, right??? Hopefully my friend and I can do this project. 

We will try a pre-pattern made from muslin to make sure it will work and fit. If not, back to the drawing board for corrections.  Also the lacy material will go on the skirt as shown in the pattern and on the bodice with linning.  So far, we are within the budget of the dress, we figured $100 and have spent $56. The pattern was $27.50, but we waited for the sale price of $3.99, material we got of 50% off and thread was 30% off, now we are waiting for the zipper  and linning material to go on sale.
It just has to turn out beautiful for our beautiful bride-to-be!                             


Kim said...

That's so nice that you can work on this together AND woo hoo for sales and great deals.

Jamie said...

I cannot wait to see the end results! The pattern is beautiful.