Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sometimes I just can't turn down a waffle or pancake recipe!



I saw this recipe on King Arthur Flour group and decided to try it as I do like whole wheat flour.
link here: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2011/03/28/100-whole-wheat-waffles-100-delicious/
They have a great blog on step by step, so I thought it would be better to go to their site and see how it is done.
You know how I like to change things. The only two things: I didn't add the salt and I do grind my own wheat, otherwise it is the same.   I know, I always have fresh bananas and pecans on hand, so that is my fruit for this morning.
Why do I grind my own wheat, you might ask? Because out here in Kansas is where they grow the best and it is fresher.  Don't get me wrong, I do love King Arthur flours, especially when I make my Artisan Breads. There is a different in flours and sometimes you have to use the best which is King Arthur.  I do have 2 types of Kansas wheat on hand , Red Winter Wheat and the Soft White Wheat. The red winter wheat is more course as flour and the white wheat is softer and it is not as dark as the red. So it depends on what recipes I use, for the different types. BTW, King Arthur are you going to sell Spelt flour? I do like to bake with all kinds of different flours.
Now back to this recipe. I did use the Red Winter Wheat and the recipe still came out light! How can you not sit down to something like this? Delicious!

No comments: