Saturday, October 11, 2008

Other cakes



Here are the two pictures, one of the wedding cake, (a different idea from Martha's cake) and the grooms cake.  The grooms cake was different for me, as his mother makes the frosting with flour. There are recipes online. And another cake in which I did at cake class:
I will add my frosting recipe, so that if someones needs it, I will know where to find it.
Glenda's Icing Recipe
1 pound powered sugar
1/2 cup shortening - I use 1/4 Crisco and 1/4 store brand (with 3 grams trans-fat) *
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 teaspoon  meringue powder (Wilton brand)
1/3 cup water (may need a drop or two more, depending on the consistency you like)

Mix all this up well, enough to frost double layered  8" cake or 9"x13" pan.
*Notes: I use the Crisco and store brand vegetable shortening together because Crisco alone with the trans-fat taken out, doesn't hold together well. You can use half and Crisco and half butter. Can use milk in place of water, it is just safer with water in the heat and humidity.

No comments: