Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Whole Wheat Genzano Country Bread






This bread is great!!! I have been baking and searching for a good crunchy bread on the outside and delicious and soft on the inside. So far, this is it. I am so glad these loaves turned out, yummy!

The recipe comes from the book, “Local Breads”, by Daniel Leader. I love this book and have made about 4 of the recipes. I wish I could print the recipes on the blog but it would take too long. If you get a chance, check it out from your local library and see what you think!
Here are some of the pictures:
Picture 1 is the 'Biga Naturale', see the netting of the dough?
Picture 2 is the underneath side of the bowl, see the air pockets?
Picture 3 is the fermenting stage, with tiny bubbles on the top.
Picture 4 and 5 are the finished product, one round and one loaf style.


No comments: