Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day After Halloween




I am at the stage of my life where I enjoy watching who comes to my door to trick-or- treat. I think the little ones are my favorite. It’s fun to see what innocent costumes the parents or kids come up with, for children under the age of 3. Our little next door neighbor was dressed as a fisherman, how cute is that?
As I was driving home from taking my daughter to college, a pre-school of children were walking down a sidewalk all in their costumes. They all were so cute, one little girl brushing her hair back, seeming to say today I am a ‘princess’.

Here are our pictures of grandchildren and some neighbor children, my youngest daughter with her friend off to a party and my son, off to work at the theater, as Matlock. My son said he even put a half eaten hot dog on the briefcase. Most years they all (those who are still young enough to treat-or-treat) walk together around the neighborhood. We have been doing this for the last 12 years together, taking turns on who stays home and pass out all that candy. The costumes are usually ones made from what's at the house or borrowing each others from the last years and added to it.

No comments: