Thursday, November 13, 2008

New Recipes

Tried out 2 new recipes last evening for dinner and we liked them! Sometimes we get in the same old rut and fix the same meals over and over again, maybe because as we go down the isles of the grocery store, we know where our favorite food items are, so we buy them.
I was watching Rachael Ray because they had on Michael J. Fox and I wanted to see how he's doing. As Rachael was saying good-bye to Michael and Ryan Reynolds she mentioned she would be cooking a Thanksgiving dinner rolled into one, so I was interested in how this could be done.
Well, it's called: ‘Turkey and Stuffing Meatloaf’ with mashed potatoes and ‘Cider Gravy’. Doesn't that sound different? It looked easy enough and sounded great, so I copied off the recipes got the ingredients I didn't have and made it. Wow, it was pretty good! I asked the kids if I should make it again and we all agree that we could. My son and I said, we liked meatloaf the way I made it but this would do every now and then. My daughter liked this better as she doesn't care for meatloaf at all.
I really liked the gravy, it was different and I am not a gravy fan.
S00ooo, if you want something a little different before big turkey day, you might want to give this a try. It gave me an idea of what to do with the leftovers, changing the recipe just a bit.
Web page: www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/turkey-and-stuffing-meatloaf

www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/cider-gravy
Sorry, I didn't take pictures.

No comments: