Monday, November 3, 2008

A Treat


This morning I baked up a batch of delicious pumpkin waffles! I found this recipe online and thank you for whoever it was I got it from. I am catching myself reading a lot of blogs, so I don't remember who had this recipe. I realize this is somewhat like my other waffle picture, but it really is different.
Enjoy!!!!



Pumpkin Oatmeal Waffles w/ Sourdough

Mix these ingredients together:
½ cup whole-wheat flour
½ cup oats, old-fashioned
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
½ teaspoon soda
½ teaspoon salt (opt)
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar

Add in and mix well:
½ cup sourdough, freshly fed
1 cup pumpkin, puree
1 egg
1 tablespoon corn oil or melted butter
¼ - 1/3 cup milk, as needed
¼ cup chopped pecans, (opt)
Make sure all ingredients are well moistened, will be lumpy.
Bake on preheated waffle iron as per manufacturer’s suggestion.
Serve with your favorite syrup.

No comments: