Monday, April 18, 2011

Ground Turkey Chili with Pumpkin

About a year ago I made this great turkey chili with pumpkin in it. Today I went looking for the recipe and I couldn't find where I filed it. So I went online and found this recipe that looked like the recipe I used before. Of course I added to it and changed it a bit.
Here is the recipe I found online: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/simple-turkey-chili/Detail.aspx


This is how I made mine:
1 onion, chopped
3-4 ribs of celery, chopped
1 Anaheim chili, diced (can use a bell pepper, if you want, I just didn't have one on hand)
Cook these 3 ingredients in a big skillet for about 1 minute with 1 tablespoon olive oil and then add:
1 pound ground turkey, and brown in skillet.
For the spices I add to taste:
salt, pepper, seasoned salt, about 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon cumin
I did add about 1/4 package of Chili-O
Now put all the following ingredients, along with the meat mixture into a dutch oven:
1 can chicken broth, 14 ounces
1 can pumpkin, puree 15 ounces (I used some pumpkin that I froze fresh, about 1 1/2 cups)
2 cans diced tomatoes, 14.5 ounces each can
1 can kidney beans
2 cans pinto beans
1 can small red beans
Let this boil and then simmer for about 1/2 hour.

No comments: