Monday, April 11, 2011

A Softer Chocolate Chip Cookie

I will be transferring recipes from FB to here, This way my recipes that I have collected through the years will be all in one place, hooray! It will be easier for my children to find them. I like it when they call and ask, Mom, do you remember that recipe (s) when you made __ or___, then I can let them know they are here on the blog! For me to find a recipe fast online is so  much fun and I can get making the dish right away. Alrighty then, on to this recipe!
This is the chocolate chip cookie recipe I have made the most for the last 10 years or so. But now I like the recipe that I posted before this one. I wonder if I will make all the chocolate chip recipes in one day and then get my family or others and have a taste test to see which one they like the most! I will be making this again, because I need to get pictures. Enjoy!
A Softer Chocolate Chip Cookie

1 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, cubed into small pieces
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
¼ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 egg
½ cup chocolate chips

• Preheat oven to 375˚.
• Grease and flour a cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
• In a large bowl, mix together shortening and both sugars, adding cubed butter a little at a time, mix until fluffy and creamy.
• Add egg and mix thoroughly.
• Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and mix into creamed mixture.
• Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
• Drop by tablespoonful or use a cookie scoop onto cookie sheet, about 2" apart.
• Bake until golden, about 8-10 minutes.
• Cool on rack and enjoy!
• Makes 2 dozen.

No comments: