Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 23 - Soft Serve Ice Cream

We are getting down to the last few days of August and so I went searching through some of my other recipes books to what I could find different. In one of our little church cookbooks, I have a friend who has a recipe of soft serve and thought that is not different in resturants and all, but is for home-made. So here is the recipe from my friend, Willa Cooper. Something else I noticed different for me anyway, is that this recipe calls for unflavored gelatin.


Soft Serve Ice Cream

2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
½1/2 cup cold water
4 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups heavy cream
½2 cups sugar
½1/2 teaspoon salt

Soak gelatin in cold water. Heat milk, but do not boil; remove from heat, add gelatin, sugar, vanilla and salt. Cool and add heavy cream. Chill 5 to 6 hours. Pour into 4-6 quart ice cream freezer can. Process according to your freezer instructions.

As always, enjoy!

No comments: