Monday, August 15, 2011

Here's What I Made for Dinner Tonight!

Have you ever looked through magazines or blogs and saw something that looked good to eat?? Well, I did and knew I could come up with something that would taste good. Yep, I saw the picture and went for it. I don't remember what their dish was called, I just looked at the food in the picture, so I don't know what to call this.
Mexican Squash-Rice Skillet Dinner?
Start with: 2 cups rice cooked in 4 1/2 cups water, until tender and fluffy. Set aside.
And while that is cooking: 
Put in a large skillet start cooking, until hamburger is brown:
1 pound ground hamburger
1 onion, chopped
Isn't it colorful!!
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
2 ribs of celery, chopped
Now add spices:
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper, more if you want
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon season salt
1 cube tomato bouillon
Next add:
1 cup water. Cook this until there is about 1/2 cup water left, about 10 minutes.
Now start gently stirring in:
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
2 small zucchini, sliced
1 large yellowneck squash, sliced
When the squash is just starting to get tender, it's done.

To assemble: put some rice in a bowl add skillet fixins and put shredded cheese on top.
Delicious!!
Note: You can add more spices, to your family's taste. Also you could add some salsa. Enjoy!                          

 

No comments: