Friday, August 26, 2011

Shredded Chicken over Rice


 Was over my daughter's the other evening and made us this recipe!! Saw a recipe for this easy chicken dish and decided to make it up, super simple. (I am sorry I forgot who's blog it is on, so let me know who you are, through Crock Pot Recipe Exchange on fb, thanks!) Take some chicken, put it in a crock pot or slow cooker, along with some taco seasoning (I use about 1/2 package) and about a 1 cup of salsa. Cook for 6 hours, shred the chicken and put on tortillas or whatever you want. That's it! But you know me, I must do something a little different. So I added, 1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce and about 1/2 cup water and cooked it for the six hours. OMGosh! It is delicious and easy! The kids put the chicken on some flour tortillas with cheese and ate them. My daughter and I put the chicken over some rice with cheese sprinkled on top. Great dinner!
Blue corn chips, added to the dinner made it taste just right!

 I know in the picture when the chicken is cooking in my crock pot, it looks like fish, but it is the chicken tenders cooking in the sauce.
Chicken cooking in the slow cooker.
I am sending this to: http://crockpotrecipeexchange.blogspot.com/2011/08/virtual-crock-pot-party.html

Congrats to all who won! Sure am enjoying all of you on the Crock Pot Recipe Exchange on facebook!
Enjoy!

Also made this delicious cheesecake from DeeDee Delights: http://deedeesdelights.blogspot.com/2010/08/chocolate-cookie-cheesecake.html
What I did different from her's was to add caramel sauce on top instead of the chocolate. Another great recipe from DeeDee! Also drained some home-made plain yogurt and used that in place of sour cream.
What I will do different next time, is not add the sugar in with the cookie crumb mixture, it doesn't need it. I took pictures, but deleted them by mistake when I was deleting other pictures off my camera. It sure was a pretty cheesecake.

1 comment:

~~louise~~ said...

It sounds delicious, Glenda. And so darn easy too!

Good Luck!!!